Stojí to za vyvažování?
Is it worthwhile to balance?
There is one answer: it is WORTH balancing because:
- increase the safety of people traveling by bus, rail, car or plane (balancing e.g. components of aircraft engines, railway wheels, or components used in the construction of cars and other types of vehicles)
- you take care of your wallet; unbalanced devices wear out faster and are more likely to suffer from costly failures
- the quality of manufactured components will increase; by balancing tools or technological equipment, you will have better quality of the processed surface.
- your comfort while using devices and vehicles with well-balanced elements (noise and vibration elimination) will increase.
- in many cases balancing rotating components affects their correct operation (e.g. gyroscopes).
Occurrence of vibrations and their effects.
Vibrations that occur as a result of improper balancing of the rotating element lead to:
- damage or rapid wear of the rotor bearings
- damage to other machine elements as well as building elements if the size of the rotor and its mass are large enough
- increase in noise level in the environment
- machine malfunction (An example might be a grinding wheel whose “runout” due to unbalance will result in the surface roughness level not meeting the required parameters),
- lowering the device’s operational parameters
- tragic accidents
Balancing – how do we measure?
– The balanced part is placed with a handle on the balancing spindle, which we set into motion.
– Force sensors measure centrifugal forces due to mass imbalance around the actual axis of rotation.
– Centrifugal forces are measured in two different planes around the support points of the balancing spindle. We determine the size of the signals and their phase shift relative to the spindle.
– Force signals are used to calculate the results of unbalance measurements in relation to the balancing planes. The calculated unbalances will change if the position of the balancing planes changes.
– Unbalance compensation (real correction weight value) is calculated based on the calculated unbalance values.